Did you know every 3 seconds someone in the world develops dementia? World Alzheimer’s Month is an international campaign held every September to raise awareness and challenge the stigma that surrounds Alzheimer’s and dementia. Each year, Alzheimer’s associations from around the world unite to organise advocacy and information provision events.
This year marks the 7th World Alzheimer’s Month. The impact of this campaign is growing, but the stigmatisation and misinformation that surrounds dementia remains a global issue. World Alzheimer’s Day is on 21 September.
During this important month your might consider:
- Making a special effort to spend time with a friend or family member who has Alzheimer’s
- Offering some respite time to a carer
- Participating in a clinical trial
- Attending a public lecture
- Making a donation
- Hosting a fundraising event
- Consider leaving a gift in your will
This September what will you do to be brain aware?